- What is a PSA Score? I have a high PSA score what should I do? What is an optimum PSA level or reading? Is a PSA test accurate? How do I keep my PSA levels down?
- When you have a question about your PSA, a PSA Reading or PSA Test, or your prostate health in general, having the best answer is vital. For example, not being properly informed about the difference between invasive and non-invasive solutions to your prostate health questions could effect your quality of life, your health, even your general well-being. This webpage offers comprehensive information about PSA scores, PSA tests, PSA levels and PSA readings based upon years of research, study, and real world experience. And if you have a question about PSA, a PSA Score or PSA Test or PSA readings in general, you are welcome to ask your specific question directly to Ben Ong, the Author of the best-selling book "All About The Prostate". Asking a question is free, there is no obligation and your privacy is always respected. Be informed and share in the collective experience of this website and good prostate health.
- PSA PAGE SUMMARY:
- By itself, a PSA reading does not mean very much. PSA is a very rough and ready indicator but it is the best that is currently available. A PSA reading certainly does not predict prostate cancer, but in conjunction with other indicators, it may suggest that there is a risk of prostate cancer which should be investigated.
- In most cases when doctors detect a high PSA, they will recommend a prostate biopsy. I do not recommend a prostate biopsy which in any case produces a negative result in 75% of cases. That means that the pain and expense of a prostate biopsy is turns out to be unjustified in three cases out of four.
- But I am actually more concerned when a prostate biopsy does indicate that a prostate cancer is present.It is important to maintain a balanced perspective because 80% of prostate cancers are not life-threatening. The problems with having a biopsy that detects prostate cancer are twofold.
What Does Your PSA Score, PSA Level, PSA Reading or PSA Test Mean?
- Please feel free to ask me any question (using the form below) about your PSA Score, level, reading or test. I will reply with a personal and specific response within 48 hours. You will also automatically be subscribed to my FREE Prostate Health newsletter (see on the left below) packed with valuable prostate info.
Ask Ben Your Question Now:
- Ben has received thousands of emails with testimonials like these:
- Dear Ben,
Love your letters they have helped so much. Thank you over and over you have really helped me. (1) I don't get nervous about my prostate, I go to the Dr. and they try and scare me in thinking something is really wrong.(2) When I read your guide and follow what you say I feel great,(3) I don't get up at night maybe 1 time every three nights or so. You have really helped me in so many ways.(4) I can go out and not worry about running to the bathroom all the time.(5) I really think my prostate is shrinking. I even have more energy. Thank you. Terry Badger, (Aspen, Colorado)
If the prostate Cancer becomes more aggressive, it also makes the necessity for invasive procedures to remove or destroy the prostate more credible.
And that is the second reason I do not like to see prostate biopsies in the majority of cases. It tends to lead patients down the path of invasive and damaging procedures. For a man to lose his prostate is not like losing a tooth. The prostate is a very important organ and the damaging consequences of losing it tend to significantly reduce the quality-of-life in most patients that have these procedures.
There have been any number of research studies that have shown repeatedly that none of these invasive procedures, either on their own or in conjunction with other invasive procedures, have extended the life expectancy of the subjects of those invasive procedures. In other words, whether you have conventional medical treatment for prostate cancer or not, your life expectancy will remain much the same.
There are many actually possible causes of the rise in the PSA reading. The most common of these reasons is an enlarged, inflamed, or infected prostate. That is one of the reasons a high PSA score does not necessarily indicate prostate cancer. And that is one of the reasons why so many prostate biopsies are unjustified.
Unfortunately there is no failsafe test or methods at this time that can differentiate between a high PSA level caused by inflammation of the prostate or infection of the prostate or prostate cancer. At best doctors use a statistical model, which seeks to predict your chances of having prostate cancer. But that is purely a statistical construct and does not actually predict your specific and personal situation at all.
Let me explain what I mean by that. If a Dr tells you that his statistical tables indicate that at your PSA level you have a 30% chance of having prostate cancer, that does not tell you whether you are in the 30% or in the 70% of men who do not have prostate cancer at that level of PSA.
Instead of having statistical predictions it is more productive to make the changes to your diet and lifestyle and take the natural supplements that will bring down your PSA and in any event reduce the chances that you will have an active let alone life-threatening prostate cancer.I am not advocating that one should not have a PSA regularly monitored. On the contrary, I think it is a good early warning indicator. Also, an elevated PSA reading should not be ignored. It is a good indicator, certainly the best we have, and you should take precautionary action.
As a backstop, where despite all your best efforts to bring down your PSA by natural means, it continues to rise, I recommend my advanced prostate cancer risk assessment. That is a series of medical tests incorporating a very sophisticated scan by a Prof of urology.
In most cases, not only will the aggregated data from those tests reveal whether you do have prostate cancer, it will also give you a qualitative prediction as to whether the prostate Cancer is potentially life-threatening or not.
- 6/7 cases of prostate cancer will never become life-threatening and therefore do not need invasive treatments which (despite all the claims by Doctors) have been shown by many studies not to increase life expectancy. At the same time, these invasive procedures that often follow after a positive biopsy have the potential to cause significant damage to your quality-of-life. Learn about the Advanced Prostate Cancer Risk Assessment and save yourself from the heartache of invasive treatments.
If you have a high PSA reading you need to return your prostate back to good health. You need to make important changes to your diet. You also need to have regular exercise. A third and equally important part of my recommendation is to take appropriate natural supplements.
I provide a roadmap in my guide "All about the Prostate". Most men who follow my roadmap will see their PSA levels come down. It will return their prostate to good health.
Ben Ong's Best Selling Guide "All About The Prostate" and his Total Health Supplement
All About The Prostate
Ben's Bestselling Guide
Hi, I'm Ben Ong.My guide "All About The Prostate" contains more in-depth information about prostate disease.I describe symptoms,conventional medical treatments,side-effects and alternatives.I detail hundreds of published scientific studies that will leave you more knowledgeable about your own prostate condition than your doctor!
Above all I describe holistic natural options,approprite dietary changes,exercise that can help supplements that will make the diffrence,reduce your PSA,cure urination problems and I describe published scientific studies that show which natural steps can slow or even halt prostate cancer in its tracks.
Read More About My Guide, "All About the Prostate" Here
My guide has been described by everyone as a good read but it is also comprehensive.There is nowhere else you can get this much authoratative information about the prostate all in one place.And I make it all easy to understand.
If you want to have the best natural supplements for your prostate,please also read my "Total Health".It's a bit more expensive than most,but that is because it's the best and it works for most men.But don't take my word for it,listen to the testimonials of just a few of my thousands of satisfied customers.(And - if you buy three bottles you get my guide FREE!)
Read More About My Supplement, "Total Health" Here