According to a 2017 International Journal of Cancer study, soya may NOT be one of the best foods that a man should eat if he fears prostate cancer.
The study was performed at Indiana University and was based on data analysis of 27,004 men that were involved in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal & Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial.
After a follow-up of 11.5 years of the people in the study, the scientists identified 2598 cases of prostate cancer, of which 287 of these were advanced cases.
The researchers also analyzed how much of the men’s diet was high in isoflavones and how that amount correlated with prostate cancer.
Soya is one of the highest sources of isoflavones in the diet. This includes all forms of soy – soybeans, soymilk, soy sauce, and fermented soybean products such as miso, natto and tempeh.
Isoflavone is similar molecularly to 17-beta-estradiol, an estrogenic compound – and the fear has been that any estrogenic influence on the prostate will make the prostate cells mutate or cause enlargement of the gland.
Extra estrogen in the body is never a good thing.
Your Soy Intake Does Influence Your Prostate
The answer about the connection between soy and prostate cancer was a bit surprising to the researchers.
The higher the level of isoflavones in the diet, the greater was the risk of the man developing prostate cancer – the advanced type.
There was no connection though between how much isoflavones were in the diet and the risk of non-advanced prostate cancer.
This study brings up quite a few things that need to be considered:
1) First of all, soya is one of the top GMO foods, which technically aren’t even foods; they are genetically modified organisms. Why are people still eating these non-foods? If the body wasn’t designed to eat GMOs, then can’t we expect nothing but health problems from them? Is it so surprising that the worst type of cancer was associated with those who had the highest consumption of isoflavones, and thus soy?
2) Studies on GMO ‘foods’ show that their DNA is absorbed and digested by our bodies and becomes part of us, affecting our DNA over time.
3) Soy has also been found to affect the thyroid negatively. Soy is one of the foods that suppress the hormonal activity of the thyroid gland.
4) Soy is high in anti-nutrient chemicals such as trypsin inhibitors and phytates. These interfere with protein absorption and the absorption of minerals such as zinc and iron needed for health.
5) Infants that are consuming soy formula are getting the equivalent of 4 birth control pills a day. Yes, you are an adult, not an infant, but what was the effect of infant formula on predisposing the cells to cancer in the first place? What could be done to interrupt the connection here? To what extent does the consumption of soy now influence these previous existing connections?
6) Dietary intake is only one influence on the health of prostate cells. One other type of influence is toxins from waste matter in the body. The prostate is very close anatomically to the rectum.
What is the effect of a large accumulation of waste matter in the colon on the prostate cells?
Is there a connection between this and how the cells that are influenced from soya and GMO foods and the waste matter?
There have been natural health practitioners that reversed prostate issues through a series of colonics, proving that excess waste matter in the colon contributes to lack of health of the prostate.
We can’t make any final decisions on the connection between soya and prostate health and prostate cancer but you can make decisions on what to eat daily.
How To Lower Estrogen Levels?
As we have discussed, high levels of estrogen in men can cause problems. If you’ve already found yourself subject to estrogen dominance, the most important thing is to reduce the amount of estrogen in your blood. To do this, you may need to consider taking supplements. This is where Estro Clear comes in.
When men have a higher ratio of estrogen to testosterone in their blood, often their body converts some of the testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is highly inflammatory. This inflammation can lead to BPH or in severe cases, prostate cancer.
To remedy the high levels of estrogen and reverse the effects of estrogen dominance, I would advise trying Estro Clear.
It’s designed to improve libido and strengthen erections, reduce inflammation caused by BPH, protects against prostate cancer, and rebalance hormone levels. Estro Clear contains diindolylmethane, which is naturally extracted from cruciferous vegetables. Research has shown that diindolylmethane reduces the level of estrogen in the blood over time.
I wish you good health,
Dr. Donna Schwontkowski received a Doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine (D.C.), from the National College of Chiropractic, Lombard, IL, in Dec. 1990. In addition to running a medical practice, Dr Donna has had a long and distinguished career as a medical teacher, both running courses at various universities and also as a published author of several books and as a television presenter on health issues.
Reger, M., et al. Dietary intake of isoflavones and coumestrol and the risk of prostate cancer in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial. Internat J Cancer 8 Nov 2017;142,4. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ijc.31095
Reading Time: 4 minutes
Have you noticed that treatment options for enlarged prostate are increasing? One of the latest is called Rezum treatment (pronounced ree-zoom). This is a type of radiofrequency treatment that is used to treat the prostate tissue that is enlarged. It’s […]
Rezum Treatment – A New Treatment For An Enlarged Prostate?
Reading Time: 6 minutes
Obesity is a rising epidemic, with it being estimated that 160 million Americans are either obese or overweight. While some people experience weight gain as a result of health conditions or medications, for others the main issue is simply consuming […]
6 Reasons Why You Overeat
Reading Time: 4 minutes
Prostate cancer is the second leading cause of death of men in the US, with an estimated 1 in 7 men being diagnosed with the disease at some point in their lives. Recently the news has been awash with celebrities, […]
The ‘Stiller Effect’: How Hollywood Influences Our Health
Reading Time: 4 minutes
I know what you’re thinking… Watermelon? A natural viagra? That sounds ridiculous, but you’re also intrigued, aren’t you? If you’re a man suffering from impotence or ED, you know all too well the frustration of not being able to achieve […]