According to a 2017 International Journal of Cancer study, soya may NOT be one of the best foods that a man should eat if he fears prostate cancer.
The study was performed at Indiana University and was based on data analysis of 27,004 men that were involved in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal & Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial.
After a follow-up of 11.5 years of the people in the study, the scientists identified 2598 cases of prostate cancer, of which 287 of these were advanced cases.
The researchers also analyzed how much of the men’s diet was high in isoflavones and how that amount correlated with prostate cancer.
Soya is one of the highest sources of isoflavones in the diet. This includes all forms of soy – soybeans, soymilk, soy sauce, and fermented soybean products such as miso, natto and tempeh.
Isoflavone is similar molecularly to 17-beta-estradiol, an estrogenic compound – and the fear has been that any estrogenic influence on the prostate will make the prostate cells mutate or cause enlargement of the gland.
Extra estrogen in the body is never a good thing.
Your Soy Intake Does Influence Your Prostate
The answer about the connection between soy and prostate cancer was a bit surprising to the researchers.
The higher the level of isoflavones in the diet, the greater was the risk of the man developing prostate cancer – the advanced type.
There was no connection though between how much isoflavones were in the diet and the risk of non-advanced prostate cancer.
This study brings up quite a few things that need to be considered:
1) First of all, soya is one of the top GMO foods, which technically aren’t even foods; they are genetically modified organisms. Why are people still eating these non-foods? If the body wasn’t designed to eat GMOs, then can’t we expect nothing but health problems from them? Is it so surprising that the worst type of cancer was associated with those who had the highest consumption of isoflavones, and thus soy?
2) Studies on GMO ‘foods’ show that their DNA is absorbed and digested by our bodies and becomes part of us, affecting our DNA over time.
3) Soy has also been found to affect the thyroid negatively. Soy is one of the foods that suppress the hormonal activity of the thyroid gland.
4) Soy is high in anti-nutrient chemicals such as trypsin inhibitors and phytates. These interfere with protein absorption and the absorption of minerals such as zinc and iron needed for health.
5) Infants that are consuming soy formula are getting the equivalent of 4 birth control pills a day. Yes, you are an adult, not an infant, but what was the effect of infant formula on predisposing the cells to cancer in the first place? What could be done to interrupt the connection here? To what extent does the consumption of soy now influence these previous existing connections?
6) Dietary intake is only one influence on the health of prostate cells. One other type of influence is toxins from waste matter in the body. The prostate is very close anatomically to the rectum.
What is the effect of a large accumulation of waste matter in the colon on the prostate cells?
Is there a connection between this and how the cells that are influenced from soya and GMO foods and the waste matter?
There have been natural health practitioners that reversed prostate issues through a series of colonics, proving that excess waste matter in the colon contributes to lack of health of the prostate.
We can’t make any final decisions on the connection between soya and prostate health and prostate cancer but you can make decisions on what to eat daily.
How To Lower Estrogen Levels?
As we have discussed, high levels of estrogen in men can cause problems. If you’ve already found yourself subject to estrogen dominance, the most important thing is to reduce the amount of estrogen in your blood. To do this, you may need to consider taking supplements. This is where Estro Clear comes in.
When men have a higher ratio of estrogen to testosterone in their blood, often their body converts some of the testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT). DHT is highly inflammatory. This inflammation can lead to BPH or in severe cases, prostate cancer.
To remedy the high levels of estrogen and reverse the effects of estrogen dominance, I would advise trying Estro Clear.
It’s designed to improve libido and strengthen erections, reduce inflammation caused by BPH, protects against prostate cancer, and rebalance hormone levels. Estro Clear contains diindolylmethane, which is naturally extracted from cruciferous vegetables. Research has shown that diindolylmethane reduces the level of estrogen in the blood over time.
I wish you good health,
Dr. Donna Schwontkowski received a Doctorate in Chiropractic Medicine (D.C.), from the National College of Chiropractic, Lombard, IL, in Dec. 1990. In addition to running a medical practice, Dr Donna has had a long and distinguished career as a medical teacher, both running courses at various universities and also as a published author of several books and as a television presenter on health issues.
Reger, M., et al. Dietary intake of isoflavones and coumestrol and the risk of prostate cancer in the Prostate, Lung, Colorectal and Ovarian Cancer Screening Trial. Internat J Cancer 8 Nov 2017;142,4. https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ijc.31095
About Dr. Donna Schwontkowski
Reading Time: 4 minutes
Prostate cancer is one of the most common types of cancer among men. The prostate is located around the urethra and below the bladder. Regular screenings can often catch prostate cancer in its early stages, however, it can go undetected. […]
The Top 7 Signs of Advanced Prostate Cancer
Reading Time: 7 minutes
Surely there must be all-natural treatments for arthritis that will make a big difference to the joint pain you are experiencing. And there are. You may already have heard about turmeric and devil’s claw, two herbs commonly used for pain […]
5 Best Ways To Get Rid Of Joint Pain (Quickly, Safely and Naturally)
Reading Time: 5 minutes
When it comes to taking an Omega 3 supplement, some people swear by the health benefits of krill oil. Others stand firm with fish oil. In fact, these two fishy oils are a cause of great controversy, with debates raging […]
Which Is Better KRILL OIL VS FISH OIL?
Reading Time: 4 minutes
Prostate cancer is the second most common cancer among men. In fact, 1 in 9 men will be diagnosed with it in their lifetime. While prostate cancer is more common among older men, it can occur in men younger than […]